Interim Director of Public Works
Phone: 708-450-4463 or 4482
Maywood Public Works, under the leadership of Interim Director Greg Buchanan, identifies, responds to, and completes a variety of high priority tasks. While much is accomplished in the present, Public Works is always identifying and preparing for future endeavors.
The Forestry unit provides tree trimming, mulching & tree removals and broken limbs on streets and parkways.
The Streets unit provides the following services:
- Resurfacing/hot patches
- Pothole repair (cold patches)
- Debris removal (tires, fly-dumps, large item summary abatements),
- Alleys (grading and small gravel patches)
- Removal of reported dead animals
- Facilitates garbage removal from Village and distribution trash containers.
The Signs unit addresses replacement, missing or new signage requests.
The Lighting unit addresses reported outages of street lights, downed light poles and exposed wires.
Water and Sewer
The Water and Sewer unit addresses televising, jet rodding and inspection of sewer lines, water main breaks, Buffalo Box Leaks (b-box); turn-ons and turn-offs of residential water services as assigned by the Water Division, Finance Department; Emergency Shut-off Requests as reported by residents/property owners for emergency repairs by private plumbers.
Water Reclamation addresses the Supply of Clean Drinking Water, which complies with all IEPA prescribed guidelines, including:
- monitoring, sampling, responding to water quality complaints
- filing of mandated reports
- issuance of Water Quality Consumer Confidence Reports to all Water Recipients within the Village borders.
- Please contact Public Works at 708-450-4482 for more information or (708) 450-4427 or 450-4463.